1) CONTEST PERIOD: The “TD Redefine Retirement” Contest (the “Contest”) ends . Eastern Time (“ET”) on Wednesday, September 26, 2012 (“Contest End Date”). The Sponsor of the Contest is The Toronto-Dominion Bank (“TD”).
2) ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who are of the age of majority in their Province/Territory of residence at the time of entry into the Contest. Employees, agents and representatives of The Toronto-Dominion Bank or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or of its advertising and promotion agencies or their subsidiaries and affiliates, are not eligible to win, nor is any person with whom any such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
3) HOW TO PARTICIPATE: “Entrant” means (i) the person who the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address submitted at the time of entry on the Contest microsite located at www.RedefineRetirement.ca (“Microsite”),* and (ii) in respect of an alternate means of contest entry, the person whose name is printed on the entry.
Before the Contest End Date, an Entrant must complete and submit an entry by following the instructions found on the Microsite. All entries must include your first and last name, province, e-mail address, and telephone number. Each Entrant will be required to provide their definition of “retirement” in one sentence of less than 160 characters. Then, by clicking on the “Submit” button, this action will generate one (1) entry into the Contest. Entries to the Contest by this method are limited to a maximum of one (1) per Entrant for the duration of the Contest.
4) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY — ALTERNATE MEANS OF ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest without complying with section 3 above, an Entrant must legibly hand-print: the date, their first and last name, email address, complete mailing address, and daytime telephone number, on a sheet of paper, and mail it to:
No mechanical reproductions will be permitted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Alternate Means of Contest Entries must be received on or prior to the Contest End Date. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or postage-due entries. By using this Alternate Means of Contest Entry, you are providing your permission for us to enter you in the Contest and to communicate with you via telephone, in writing or by mail. Entries to the Contest by his method are limited to a maximum of one (1) per Entrant for the duration of the Contest.
Entrants may only enter the Contest by the method of entry as set out in Section 3 OR by the method set out in Section 4, but not both. If it is discovered that you attempted to both methods of entry, all of your entries will be void. All entries become the property of TD and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5) PRIZES: There is one (1) prize (“Prize”) available to be won, consisting of one thousand Canadian dollars ($1,000 CAD).
Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of Prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of TD which may substitute a Prize of comparable or greater value.
6) DRAW DATE: One (1) random Draw will be held in Toronto, Ontario at 3:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 4, 2012 (the “Draw Date”) for the Prize. The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received.
7) PRIZE AWARDING: If you are selected as a potential winner, you will be provided specific instructions on what you are required to do in order to claim your Prize. The Prize will be awarded only upon verification and final approval by the Sponsor. No correspondence will be entered into with Entrants except with the selected Entrants.
Attempts will be made to contact each selected Entrant at the telephone number, email address, and/or mailing address listed on the entry, between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. ET for a period of seven (7) business days following the Draw Date. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, the Sponsor reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for the Prize. In order to be declared an official winner, the selected Entrant must correctly answer a skill-testing mathematical question without mechanical or other assistance. The selected Entrant will be required to complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form within seven (7) days of receipt. If the selected Entrant fails to complete, sign and return the Declaration and Release Form within seven (7) days and/or provides an incorrect answer to the skill-testing mathematical question, the Sponsor reserves the right to void that Entry and select another eligible Entrant for the Prize. By completing, signing and returning the Declaration and Release Form, the Entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules, (ii) releases and forever discharges the Sponsor, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective affiliated companies, from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of his/her participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance or use of the Prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Sponsor, at its option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant’s name, city/province of residence, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or its advertising agencies.
8) CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries/prize claims. All entries/prize claims become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sponsor shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding the Prizes. In no event shall the Sponsor be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with this Contest and/or the Prizes, however arising, including negligence
9) APPLICABLE LAWS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
10) DISQUALIFICATION: The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, including but not limited to acting in violation of these Official Rules, attempting to participate in the Contest more than the maximum number of times allowed; to be acting with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest; as determined by the Sponsor will be disqualified. The discovery of any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which, in the sole and absolute opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to the consent of the Régie to suspend or terminate this Contest.
Further, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, amend or suspend the Contest and/or the Contest Rules in any way at any time for any reason, subject to the consent of the Régie without prior notice or compensation.
11) QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
12) REST OF CANADA: For residents of all other Provinces/Territories outside Quebec, any litigation must be commenced in the City of Toronto, Ontario.
13) PRIVACY: By entering this Contest, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you between Diamond Integrated Marketing and TD for the sole purpose of administering this Contest.